Thursday 22 June 2017

Wedding card with MFT stamps

Hi folks!

The Craftie Cafe team are featuring Wedding and congratulations cards this month. Using some really cute My Favorite Things stamps and dies, I created this wedding card:


 Here's the stamp set and matching dies:


I often deliberate about buying the matching dies - some images are pretty easy to cut out with scissors, but when they're even slightly complicated, I always add the matching dies to my cart.

Here's how the card came together:

Step 1
I stamped a couple of the dog images from the Top Dog stamp set using a waterproof ink onto some mixed media cardstock. I have some Distress Inks and a waterbrush ready to go.

Step 2
I like to work small areas at a time, wetting it lightly with my waterbrush, then adding small amounts of colour at a time and allowing it to spread in the water. I used Pumice Stone ink for the dog bodies, Tattered Rose to add some colour to the cheeks, Festive Berries for the hearts and Lucky Clover for the bow and scarf. When these were dry I cut the shapes out using the corresponding dies. I just cut the hearts by hand with scissors.


Step 3
I created a background using Broken China ink - smooshing the ink pad onto an acrylic block, spritzing with water then smooshing it onto some watercolour paper. I repeated the process to add some variation and depth to the colour. I trimmed an 8 x 12cm piece for the background of the card, then used this edge piece with some scanty Broken China to stamp and die cut some clouds.


Step 4
One of the things I remember most about my wedding is all the photos that were taken. I thought it would be fun to add a polaroid frame to my card, so I cut a rectangle from white cardstock, then cut a window out of it with a square die:

Step5
Once I had most of my pieces stamped, die cut and ready to roll, I added some foam mounting tape to the back and assembled everything onto the background piece:


Step 6
Of course, there's too many elements to have them all fit into the polaroid frame, so I find it fun to have some components overlapping and overhanging the edge of the borders. Here's one of the dogs with its front paws sitting over the frame, and its behind protruding beyond the background piece:


Step 7
The bottom of the polaroid frame gave me some room for a sentiment so I used the Lawn Fawn Big Scripty Words stamp and die set  to create the 'congrats' sentiment:


If you look really closely, you can see that I have had to label my Big Scripty Words dies because I was having trouble identifying them. I did this with a permanent marker - now I have no trouble choosing the correct die....as long as I can find my glasses LOL.

Here's the card again, and a list of all the supplies I used:


Craftie Cafe Supplies:
My Favorite Things Top Dog stamp set
My Favorite Things Top Dog die set
Waterbrush
Lawn Fawn Big Scripty Words stamp set
Lawn Fawn Big Scripty Words die set
Foam Mounting Tape


Other Supplies:
Archival Ink: Watering Can
Distress Ink:  Pumice Stone, Tattered Rose, Festive Berries, Lucky Clover, Broken China
Mixed Media cardstock
Watercolour cardstock

 Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! This is so pretty, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog! You have described in a nice way.
    Thanks for sharing this information.
    murahkakdahwin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!