Friday 30 September 2016

The Art of Well Being


For our blog hop this month, the team at Gel Press® are indulging in a little introspection and asking how art helps maintain or improve our well being.

For me, the main attraction of art besides the colour and sense of accomplishment is the social aspect. It's a way for me to connect and interact with like-minded people in a safe, nurturing environment.

I feel fortunate to teach classes at my local craft shop. This gives me ample opportunity to interact with crafty people when they come along to learn a new technique or about a new product. I also get a huge sense of accomplishment when I finish planning the class, and then an added bonus at the end when I finish delivering the class and I see happy smiling people who are proud of their efforts.

This is an art journal page I taught recently:



We created a few sheets of fabulous arty paper with a Gel Press® gelatin plate, then die cut them with the teacup die. Elements of the designs were outlined with white gel pen, which really helped unify the very different papers. The alphabet stamps are by Darkroom Door.

 I loved that everyone's teacups all looked so wonderfully diverse, even though we all started with the same tools and materials.



One of the ladies had also booked her daughter in, and as she happens to be one of my daughter's classmates, it gave me an opportunity to include my daughter as well. Here is her design (that she chose to pop on a canvas to hang on a wall):



I love how art brings people together. It binds people across generations and great distances. It keeps me sane and functional.

To find about how art helps the well being of the other members of the design team, hop along and read following the list here:

Teresa < you are here now



9 comments:

  1. I love how art brings everyone together too! Loved your cups: beautiful art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, loved this post and I agree with you about being and teaching with other creatives. And I love anything "tea" related! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute project! I wish I could take your class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet the projects were awesome! I love the idea of using prints for die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Love the tea cups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which die cut did you use for the coffee shapes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! Love the cups!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!