Saturday 19 January 2013

A fridge magnet made with Spellbinders

 I love it when I discover that a tool I own does something new. I recently cut through some magnetic sheet - an old advertising magnet:

 
(Don't tell the boys I cut up one of their Hawthorn magnets - even if it is last year's fixture!)
 
I then cut the same shape out of cardstock and glued it to the magnet. Then I made a frame by cutting a rectangle out of the centre of another die cut:
 
 
I embossed the frame, and then stuck a photo in behind it, adhered it to the magnet with foam tape, and embellished the front of it. Done! A magnetic photo frame that will stick to the fridge to remind me of how angelic a little devil can look:

 

I thought this would make a great little gift for grandparents, and I plan to put the kids school photos in one a little later this year.

The full materials list can be found on the DownUnder Direct Inspiration blog.

Thanks for dropping in today. Hope you're having a productive weekend!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!