Wednesday 12 September 2012

My surprise party

I had a birthday last weekend. I have always really wanted a surprise party, so I threw myself one.

The surprise was for my guests - I asked the inimitable Jenny Crossley to come all the way to my house to give us a class. To say I had a ball would be an understatement! I got the feeling everyone else had fun too.

Here are a few of the pics I can share:

I asked everyone to be here at 2pm sharp for High Tea and a special surprise, and we all wondered who had invited Aunt Clara from Bewitched:

 
You'll have to look carefully to spot the difference LOL! That's Joy dressed to the nines on the left, and Marion Lorne from Bewitched on the right.  Lynne also arrived in fur, but we weren't quick enough with the camera to capture that.

This next photo is of the class in progress. My lounge room was transformed into a craft room (I would love for this to be a permanent arrangement, but Sammy couldn't wait to put everything back!). It looks like Jenny is calling Lynne up for a prostate exam LOL. Just kidding - we were etching metal for book covers, hence the gloves.

 
Here's a close up of the little book we each made: 
 
 
I am so fortunate to have such thoughtful, fun people to call friends. One aspect of the day I hadn't even considered was the gifts my friends would bring. I can tell a lot of thought went into them, especially Kerry's banner, and a huge heavy hat box with....wait for it....a can of Coke for every year I've been alive from Lynnie! It was hilarious! I also received a booty of delicious craft goodies, a beautiful flower arrangement and some gorgeous home decor items. I really felt loved.
 
Now this was awesome! Check out the tile canvas I received:


Greta organised another 11 artists to contribute. They are: Micky, Genevieve, Sue, Michelle, Joanne, Gail, Jenny, Ness, Donna, Debra and Audrey. I was so touched at all the effort everyone went to - I'm happy to say the canvas is truly awesome and now has pride of place in my kitchen.
 
I'd like to thank everyone involved for a wonderful day. Sammy and the children did a wonderful job serving food up and setting up and packing away at the end (that's always the worst part, isn't it?)
 
It's certainly a birthday I'll remember with fondness in years to come.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Teresa - I haven't know you very long but know you well enough to say that you deserved to be spoilt!! Hope this next year is your best yet!! You are very very sneaky and never said a word at the Event - what is with that!? LOL! {{{hugs}}} Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already wished you a happy birthday... but one can never have enough birthday wishes, especially for such an important number - so HAPPY BIRTHDAY Teresa!! Here's to the next 40! And OMG - the class looked awesome and so does that canvas!!! So glad you had a great day! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Teresa! What a great way to celebrate! That mini book and the tile canvas looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa, just letting you know that I have nominated you for a Leibster Award! Details on my blog. Keep up the great work!

    [http://ceciliacards.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/leibster-award.html]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Teresa from another September Birthday girl! What a neat 'surprise" party you had - awesome idea!! Love that canvas your friends made for you! Can you take some close up pics to show?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have just clicked on the canvas and it came up in another tab and was easier to see the detail of it! It is awesome and I love all the detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome birthday! That canvas is so special. What a wonderful way to celebrate. Happy birthday again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to one of my favorite Virgos!

    Your class looked like such fun! The little books are fabulous!

    That tile art piece is totally gorgeous! So much love and talent went into it. What a beautiful and meaningful keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enlarged your photo with the canvas to get a better look. This piece looks absolutely amazing! Goodness knows how long it took to make but the result makes it well worthwhile.
    Lucky you! Love the mini book!!!

    Happy belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teresa, your birthday treat for your friends was sensational! I love my little book. I'm glad you love your canvas. It was so much more work than I had planned LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot to say if you want a better photo of the canvas you can find it here...


    http://www.ozinthefastlane.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/happy-40th-teresa.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!