Tuesday 23 April 2013

100 Proof Press/Hydrangea Hippo Blog Hop



Back with another fun blog hop, this time the girls from 100 Proof Press have joined the girls at Hydrangea Hippo. Hydrangea Hippo is an etsy store that sells an eclectic mix of trims, kits and hand crafted items. It's a real treasure trove!

I received a pack from Hydrangea Hippo brimming with goodies. It took me back to when I was a little girl and I'd go snooping in my mum's sewing room LOL. Heaps of lace, buttons, flowers and shiny things....I was in heaven!

First up I made a card using the image Danita Angel:


I used the gold wire leaves, lace and a touch of yummy glitter in luscious yellow on her wings.

Next up, I made a book. I machine stitched row upon row of lace to a piece of calico, then used that to make the cover of the book. I used my zutter machine to bind it, then attached the embellishments with my hot glue gun.  The image is Queen of Tea and Cake, and I popped a Melissa Frances resin crown on her head. I used a variety of trims from the pack to decorate the spine.
 

Here's a close up of the embellishments:


The book has a lovely soft, opulent feel to it. I made the pages from thick watercolour paper to it's really nice to flick through. I think this will turn into an art journal eventually.

Ok, now onto the hop. Here's the list of blog participants. We'd love it if you hopped by each one, leaving a comment as you go, ending up at the 100 Proof Press blog then the Hydrangea Hippo blog where there will be a giveaway. Leave your comment by midnight on 25th April to be eligible for prizes. Too easy!


Teresa (this is where you are now!)
 
Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. OMG love what you did with the lace and our HH goodies--that Danita Art stamp is one of my faves :) Thanks for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pieces, the book looks so tactile and I love your use of the trims and leaves. Love the angel stamp. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous mini and card, love all the fun trims and stamps. TFS http://www.pammejo-scrapbookflair.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's one of my favorite stamps. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the lace on the album. so super cute and shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the layers of lace on the cover of your book. Completely gorgeous and so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely projects... those falling leaves are great, and the lacy cover is fab!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, lovely, lovely Teresa. Thanks for a great hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the little girl stamp and those gold leaves are awesome! And I love that soft looking bookcover. Wonderful work. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your submissions are so Gorgeous! I adore that stamp! Love the leaves.
    The crown is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great lace background! The colors you used flow so well together and have a really timeless look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great card, but the album ist georgous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!